Wednesday, 14 April 2010


Telling Tales: Showing off your greatness by highlighting your warts

Homemain01Recently, a friend told me the story of a guy who wanted to sell his sports car. He shot some great photos of the car that really showed off its beauty and ran ads on Craigslist, eBay, and other auto classified sites. But no one was interested.
Then, he photographed some close-up shots, highlighting any imperfection he could find on the car--no matter how small. He photographed every smudge, ding or scratch.
The car sold the next day.
When asked what attracted the buyer to make the purchase, he said, "I felt I knew what I was getting--a car that was close to perfect, but no quite. You showed me an honest depiction of the car. I trusted you."
The story reminds me of how important it is for brands to present themselves in an authentic, honest way. Sometimes showing your warts can attract people, and allow them to see your greatness.

selected text taken from: http://ow.ly/1xYqf

No comments:

Post a Comment