Thursday, 12 August 2010

I'm sorry, what did you say?

I was sitting at my friend's place chatting away about some nonsence not paying attention to what was on the telly when I heard "The taste comes from the holes". Well, not properly translated but the best I can think of. I immediately reacted thinking that the commercial's tagline, which was for a cheese was a strange and really unappropriate choice. Who wants to associate cheese with something sexual?


I understand what they were trying to say, and I think the strategy is acutally quite good. But the tagline just sounds wrong!! I wonder whether this commercial has been more negative for the product than effective? I feel a bit put off cheese when I read/see it.

I later read in the news that the commercial has been badly critisied.
The funny part was the warning for sensitive watchers which they always have to write before the link to see a video clip. "Obs, the commercial can to some people be arousing!"

1 comment: